Friday, October 01, 2004

Mommy Has A Cold

I've been meaning to put a blog together for a while. Now that I'm stuck at home with a cold, and Theo has just started his nap, I can finally do it. I guess I'll jump right in.

I've been worried about Theo's weight. I think I'm not feeding him enough. I feel ridiculous having this problem, since he is not a picky eater. He'll eat almost anything you put in front of him; the only things I've seen him reject consistently are potatoes and apples. I suppose this has been a concern since he was born, since he was in the NICU for a week and he had trouble learning how to nurse. I always knew that he ate less than some babies, but I still thought it was right for him. Now I'm discovering that there are 2 month old children who can down 6 ounce bottles every 4 hours...Theo is almost a year old and he generally takes only 4 ounces at a time. I know there was a time when even 2 ounces was a struggle. He will have his 1 year check up soon, and I'm waiting for the pediatrician to tell me that everything is fine. If he says so, then I'll quit worrying and sneaking safflower oil in his food.

1 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger tedfordgif said...

And then just like that, 6 oz of milk in a sitting is not a problem. Now if only he'd gain weight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home