Monday, August 18, 2008

Random musings, since there is so much going on

Theodore loves K'nex. They are like legos, except they have rods and connectors as well as building blocks. He got a small box of them for Ruby's birthday from a nice friend who didn't want him to feel left out. Then he got a larger set a few weeks ago, on a day when he went to the doctor and got four shots, plus had to get a fifth stick to get some blood tests to screen for Celiac disease. It was negative, by the way.

He's gotten really good at following the instructions that come with the box. This evening he put together two helicopters, plus a third airplane-shooter thing that he made with some leftover pieces:





He received absolutely zero help in constructing the helicopters.

Right before going to bed, Theo enlisted Ruby and me (Mom) to help with an important mission. He even had a script for us, it went something like this: "We have to fight the enemy. There are little green...I mean, BIG green ships that fly around and they're trying to shoot us down. But my airplane doesn't have any shooters, but yours does, and so does Ruby's, so you and Ruby have to protect me. But they shoot me down, but I don't die, but I am a little bit hurt. So I crash to the ground like this (makes crashing noises that only boys know how to make) and you and Ruby come and get me and bring me back to home base. But you still have to fight all the big green ships." There was very little exaggeration there, I think I just about replicated it. Ruby listened to the whole thing with big eyes then looked at me at the end and said, "Mom, I think this movie is going to be too scary for me."

In other news, one more week before school starts! This past Friday Theo and I went to orientation where we met his teacher and a few classmates. Afterwards, Theo got a haircut at a barbershop for the very first time. He thought it was really strange at first, and made a funny face when he saw the big chair that you have to climb up on. Anyway, here's the result:



TOO MUCH FUN. I love this age.

1 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger Sheena MarĂ­a said...

Such a cute shot! It even looks all old-timey, like some Dennis the Menace or Leave It To Beaver kind of thing. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home