Thursday, October 07, 2004

Things that make Theo cranky

Last night Theo was very cranky. For more than an hour, he was whining and complaining and wouldn't let me set him down--this is unusual behavior for him. Usually when Theo is cranky it means one of two things: either he's hungry or he's tired, but it was fairly early in the evening, and we had just eaten dinner. I decided that he hadn't eaten enough, so I gave him 4 extra ounces of formula to drink, and he downed it pretty quickly. It seemed to put him in a better mood, he even crawled over to his toys and started playing again. He let out a huge burp. Then, before I knew it, he was barfing all over the carpet. It was really impressive, tons of milk with fairly large and recognizable bits of pear and banana. Dad picked him up and gave him a bath, and I scrubbed the carpet clean.

This was especially upsetting for me because of my obsession with him being too skinny. (Read my first post.)

Anyway, the lesson I learned was, when Theo is cranky, he really does have a good reason for being cranky. I'm pretty sure I'm not so fun to be around when I need to vomit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home