Friday, November 18, 2005

Mom is hit hard by the reality of being a (future) physician

I'm pretty sad today. This week I was away from Dad and the kids because I was on a three-interview tour through New England. The interviews went well, but the traveling was rough on everybody. Anyway, I came home on Thursday, and Theo was very happy to see me, but this morning, I had to go back to the hospital. Theo was very sad when I left; I heard him crying even when I had closed the front door and was walking to the truck. The worst part is, I am on call tonight, so I won't even be back until Saturday afternoon. I wonder if Theo ever gets scared that I will be going away for good. I tried to explain to him that this was my last night sleeping in the hospital for a long while (my MICU rotation ends Saturday and I'll finally be doing easy stuff!) He says, "Ok Mama," but then when I tried to put him down, he started crying again.

I love my babies and miss them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home