Monday, August 25, 2008

Theo starts kindergarten!

When he got home we asked him, what did you learn today? He first told us that in recess there are a lot of rules. The one he remembered most was, no one is allowed to climb on the climbing wall. He said he really wanted to climb on the climbing wall but he didn't do it because those are the rules. Then he said, "So I did pretty good at recess."

He said that during lunch he got a veggie burger, applesauce, salad, fruit, and milk. He finished everything except the veggie burger, not because he didn't want it, but because he ran out of time. Darned lunch lines. Fortunately, I packed a pretty good sized snack, consisting of three fig newmans, a few peach slices, a raspberry fruit leather, and a Yakult. Tomorrow, there aren't any good vegetarian options on the lunch menu so I will pack him my version of a bento box. When I get a chance, I'm going to purchase a small thermos so I can pack hot foods too.

During free time he played on the soil table, which he described as a green table with dirt and shovels. He came home with a little booklet of shapes that he drew and this picture:



I recommend clicking on it to see his writing at the bottom. It says, "My name is THEO TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL AND Today is my first day of kindergarten at ____ Elementary School!" (The name of his school is omitted.) Theo wrote it out without any prompting or assistance.

Overall, it sounds like it's gonna be a good year. Here are a few more pictures from the first thirty minutes when all the kindergarteners congregated in the gym.



2 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger Sheena MarĂ­a said...

I think you should add some additional comments for us non-vegetarians in paragraph 2. I get the idea, but I don't get the details! :-P

(Because I like to nit-pick, Theo didn't write "today"; he wrote "it". :-P)

Funny, in the one picture, there's a kid climbing the climbing wall. lol

Ah - memories! I recall lining up in the gym in elementary school on the first day!

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger magdalene said...

cute pictures!

Ted, I downloaded some animaniacs songs and I totally thought of you in college singing all the songs with your sister!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home