Saturday, October 30, 2004

Internal Medicine

I just started my internal medicine rotation and I've never been so sad. Maybe I was spoiled during my peds rotation, having such a terrific schedule. Now, I'm back to leaving the house at 5:30 and getting home after 6 pm. On call nights I get home at 9 pm and I have a regular day the next day. I miss my family so much, all the time. I have a day off today and next saturday, and that's it until November 19.

Today we played a very nice game of whiffle ball. The teams were: Mom, Uncle Mack, and Ate Korina vs Dad, Theo, Kuya Alex, Kuya Alonso, and Auntie Silen. Theo served to handicap his team, since Dad had to bat and run with Theo in his arms. Kuya Alonso had fun with batting, but once he hit the ball, he had no interest in base running. We played to either two outs or three runs, and even with those limits, we still only made it through two innings. It wasn't really the kind of game where you could keep score, but we did get to run around and holler quite a bit.

This is the kind of stuff I think of doing when I'm at the hospital working. The whole surgery idea is going down the drain real fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home