Sunday, February 26, 2006

Theo discovers a game

So I'm working at the computer and I hear Theo shout, "Mama, I did it! I busted the cereal!" At first, all I said was, "Good job, darling," without really thinking about what he's doing. But after he yells about it a few more times, I turn around. Theo has a large plastic cooking spoon that he got from the kitchen drawer, and he's hitting the carpet with it. On the carpet is a box of Kix on its side. I get up and look at everything more carefully, and sure enough, Theo has been putting Kix on the carpet, and swatting it with the spoon like he was trying to kill flies. All over the carpet, there are small imprints made of pulverized Kix. How do you even yell at a kid for doing something like this?

You know, this reminds me of another incident. Again, I was working at my computer, and I hear Dad say, "Theo, you are wasting the wipes. Do not get anymore wipies." I turn around to see what is going on, and Theo had been getting wipes one at a time and placing them on top of Ruby's head. She had about three of them on her head by the time we caught Theo. She never complained, even though they were hanging over her eyes and obscuring her view. And what really made me laugh was, Dad told Theo not to waste the wipies, but what I would have said was, "Hey Theo, do not put wipies on your sister's head please."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home