Sunday, March 26, 2006

We survived sick-eye

I was surprised that my eyes didn't blow up like Theo and Ruby's eyes did. Well, actually, Ruby's eyes didn't ever swell, but they got very red and more than anyone else, she was waking up with one eye glued shut. I had two mornings when my eye was very sticky right when I woke up, and throughout the day I would notice that my eye was itchy. It never got too bad though. So all that silly dysthymia was for nothing. And everybody's eyes are beautiful again.

In other news, potty-training is still going nowhere for Theo. Granted, I did sort of put everything on hold until I knew the match results. I figured even if we did manage to potty train him, he'd regress if we ended up having to move. Earlier this week, Theo sat on the potty for a very long time while Dad kept him company. Dad needed to step out of the bathroom for a minute, and he told Theo to stay on the potty. So naturally as soon as Dad left, Theo promptly got off the potty and left a pile on the bathroom floor. Shortly afterwards I heard him calling down the stairs, "Mama, I got a poopoo leg." This morning we spent half an hour in the bathroom. Theo was very cheerful the whole time. He'd sit on the potty for five minutes, stand up for a minute to take a break, and then get back on. We sang Rainbow Connection a few times. I would say, "Are you trying to get your poo out?" and he would say, "Yes, Mama," and he would bear down, and his face would turn red, and I'd say, "Good grief Theo, it'll come when it comes." So he'd relax and sing Rainbow Connection again. Dad took over at some point because Ruby wanted to nurse. Theo eventually got tired (you couldn't blame him) and a few minutes after putting on a fresh diaper...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home